Monday, September 21, 2009

A Whimsical Nudge To Chase Away The Blahhhs

Monday seems to be a
blahhh day for alot of folks ...
so I thought that a little peek
at some whimsical
Vintage Halloween postcards

might be in order ...

Check out those gigantic spurs on the rider ...
and those dramatic-looking deceased mice!
Not the best-looking couple I've ever seen!

Just love the black cat with her
perfectly arched back ...
purrrrrrrrrrs ...

Oddly enough, I've always been attracted to
those pumpkin people with pickle arms 'n legs ...

My, what big eyes the lil girl has ...
and the JOL does, too!
Looks like the kitten's pondering
crawling in through a tooth ...

Another bug-eyed-beauty
with her Jack 'O Lantern ...
I like her tiny boots with
green pom~poms ... Cute!

What would Halloween be without
a chance to bob for apples?!
I hope your spirits have been lifted
and that it's a truly
wonderful week for everyone!
God bless ...

Until another time ... Pearl

5 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

You are dead right Pearl...I loath Mondays...WASHING & IRONING DAY!!!
Love your postcards...cheered me up no end...specially the "bug eyed girl" LOL!
Hugs,
Sandi

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Pearl, Loving those big-eyed babies on a couple of the cards! Too cute! They remind me of the "cupie dolls" that I collected years ago! Are these images from a private collection of yours, or from the web? Just wondering where you found them...they are always so precious! Love vintage cards!

Hope you are enjoying the slightly cooler east coast temps! :) And I hope you have a wonderful "1st Day of Fall tommorow! ~love ya, Rhonda :)

Beth Niquette said...

These are just darling! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Unknown said...

Oh Pearl, what adorable vintage cards you have shown. I too just love those pumkins and aren't your all just adorable!

Hope you are having a fine day!
Lorena

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Pearl! I had no idea you were posting! So glad I checked you today! I Absolutely Adore Halloween postcards!!! I have a very hard time finding them. These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them. Twyla