Monday, September 28, 2009

My Search For Birthday Candles Took Me To Kitchen Heaven

I'm so excited about the
awesome birthday candles
that I found online, and I'm
guessing you'll be as
equally tickled over them ...

Candelabras !!!

Have you seen them before?
Or have I really been
living under a rock
longer than I thought?


One thing led to another
and soon I was in
Kitchen Heaven ...

I think we've all seen the
giant cupcake mold, but
how about these cute
ice cream cone cakes?

I fell in love with this
bee~hive cake mold, too ...

wouldn't it be sweet to
make in the Springtime?
Or for Easter, or a
Winnie-the-Pooh party?

Of course, we would need some of
these pretty Vintage-inspired tins
to store any leftover cake in, right?
I thought so!

I have no desire to make star cookies,
but I am lovin' the sweet
cookie cutter storage tin ...

I've got a weakness for enamelware ...
and I also have my
Mom's old cookie cutters ...

How adorable is this
Retro style fondue set?

Ahhh ... more enamelware ...
and just in time for
clean-up duty after baking cakes ...

Blowing bubbles should never
be limited to just the lil kids ...
it's always been a favorite
pastime for our family ...

I may not be able to scrub pots 'n pans,
but I'm betting I could blow some
awsome bubbles with this
handy-dandy kitchen tool ...

T.O.O. C.U.T.E.
Hey, Kathy 'n Amy ...
do y'all have one of these?

OK ... I know this kitchen perching
stool isn't Chic ... at all ... but when
I found it I was thrilled ... it's designed
for folks with disabilities like
Fibromyalgia, MS, Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome, etc. "A family of pain and
fatigue disorders, these invisible illnesses
can make even the simplest tasks seem
daunting." I have several health issues,
one of them being Fibromyalgia, and
as a result the guys do most of
the housework and cooking ...
sitting on a kitchen chair is only comfy
for a short while, so it would be a joy
if Santa were to leave one of these
neat seats under the tree ...
I'm thinking
with some pretty fabric it could
morph into a Chic seat ... ohhh yeah!

As long as I'm dreaming ...
I may as well want one of
these nifty berry slicers, too!
Strawberry fans just make
things look so beautiful ...

Awwwwww ...
poor, sweet, pathetic
little kitty cat ...
She really didn't stand
a chance, did she?!


If you liked any of my kitchen
dreams, you'd really enjoy
visiting the Kitchen Critic,
where I found everything ...
Somehow I'm thinking that I'll have
a better chance of getting the
candle Candelabras than I will
in getting the kitchen chair ...
but a girl has to dream, doesn't she?!

God bless ...

Until another time ... Pearl

for information about Fibromyalgia,
please click on the link found on my sidebar

11 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Pearl, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those candlabra candles! They are so cute! The strawberry cutter is neat, too. How pretty would fanned strawberries be to make any occasion a little more extra special! And just maybe Santa will be nice, and bring that super cool kitchen chair for Christmas! If it is that comfortable, it is beautiful! :) ...beauty is skin deep afterall! LOL! No need to dress it up!

Hope you are doing well! ...as well as your menfolks! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Bearly Sane said...

Hi Pearl,
Oh a Pooh Party ... I like that idea, you know my weakness is bears!
I have some of that enamelware ... blue in my laundry and cream in my kitchen and I love it.
What a super post you have today, lots of wonderful goodies. Yep, just the type you sigh about and yearn for ...had a great time visiting.
Hugs,
Sandi

luvmy4sons said...

Such great ideas. Blessings to you sweet sister. After a break I am back in blogland with a compromised schedule of blogging time that is allowed. Making some visits! Hope all is well with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That bunny dish drainer is adorable!!! and the tins look Cath Kidston. ♥

Mel said...

I like the candles, but I'd be one to catch my hair on fire trying to blow them out. Really liked the cone cake idea, hmmm, if I only had room in my cupboards.

For me to shop at a kitchen gadget store is like going into an antique shop, (my family usually has to call for help in finding me) I could spend all day in these places.

Tiffany said...

This was too cute! I always love these "dream" posts. This one deffinately put me in the party mood.The tis and cookie cutters and storage tin were my favorite. Blessings!

Beth Niquette said...

I love those candlesticks--I've never seen anything like them! I also enjoyed seeing the retro fondue set. The colors are wonderful. Great blog! ((hugs))

Rose of Sharon said...

I love those candles! what a great idea! Oh my gosh,I am drooling over all the wonderful new things they are making! Thank you for sharing! I had no idea there were so many fun things out there like the neat strawberry slicer! Cool!

Hope you have a great day!

Hugs, Sharon

KatCollects said...

Hi Pearl,
Very cute and fun things for the kitchen. I am going to check out the sight. I hope you are feeling better.
Hugs,
Kathy

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I love the candles Pearl!!! I've never seen anything like them.The sink rack was unique also.Then I loved the pink fondu thingie.No wonder you were in kitchen heaven. Can I be in their too??? Isn't that kitty cute,so sweet.You think your ferrets would like to play with it? LOLReally ,my daughters cat played with hers.XXOO Marie Antionette

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Pearl,
I haven't seen those chandelier candles, they are so cute. You always find the best items! I woke up thinking about you this morning. I hope everything is going well for you and your family. Please say hi to Cocoa Puff from Zeke. I owe you a long, long email way over due. Have a lovely week!
xo~Tracie