Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Tag with Vintage Holly & Mistletoe...

I suppose there isn't a "Season" for "Tagging", is there?! Didn't think so... My friend, Maree from At Home, has tagged me to reveal 7 Random things about myself... Since I rarely get a personal Tag, I had to think a lil bit on this one... Hopefully between the lines, you will enjoy some of the Vintage Chistmas art of Holly 'n Mistletoe...

1. When I was a little girl, I had a pet Cat-Fish named Otto... We kept it in the garage in a giant galvanized bucket of water... Daddy and I would dig worms, daily, to feed Otto... My sweet, gentle, loving Father hung in there with that for a few weeks before he said we had to allow Otto to go back and live in the Lake he came from.

2. I have more "Collections" of "Things" than should ever be allowed in life... I suppose it falls under the OCD umbrella, though I've never been diagnosed with that... Over the years I've parted with some of my collections and am currently debating with myself about possibly selling my collection of Blue Holland Delft.

3. As a child, I was terrible about shaking gifts under the Christmas Tree... in addition to shaking them, I would also smell them and take them to a window, press down on the wrapping paper, and try to "see" through it... I was totally shameless in those attempts and did it with any package that had my name on it... and, yes, I admit to also trying to carefully pull the tape off to investigate things even further.

4. I have what some would call a "Morbid Curiosity" about true crime. I find it simply fascinating to try to learn what causes people to commit crimes, primarly murder. I will read anything I find about the topic, often spending some of my on-line time at the Crime Library website. When I entered College, I struggled with what direction I wanted to go in regarding a career. My final choices were; Psychology, The F.B.I., Art History, Graphic Design. I ended up with a major in Graphic Design & Advertising, with a minor in Art History.

5. When I was pregnant, with both boys, my only "Weird Craving" was for Peanut Butter & Mustard Sandwiches... beyond gross, I know... today, just the mere thought of eating something like that makes my tummy turn flip-flops.

6. When I sleep, I have to lay "catty-whampus" across the bed... often with one foot hanging off of the bed... my Mom also slept with one foot hanging off of the bed... Go figure...

7. I used to take Ballet Lessons, as well as Baton Twirling Lessons... In High School I was part of the Color Guard Front for the Band... I carried a Rifle, of all things, which I still cannot figure out why I picked that. I marched for all of the Football games, home and away. One of features we did for all of our half-time shows was called "The Guillotine" ... every other girl in the line would bend down with her Rifle as every other girl would stand up, twist to the left while holding her Rifle horizontally out in front of her and then twist back... then bend over as the other girls would stand and do the same... It was done at lightning fast speed, giving the effect of having cut off the head of the girl next to you... Needless to say, it was a major lesson learned in Trusting someone else to do the right thing by you! I also marched in countless parades.

So there you have it... just what eveyone wanted, eh?! Thanks, Maree, for thinking of me... and please forgive me for breaking the rules here... But with the Holiday Season upon us, I'm not going to try to "Tag" anyone in particular... if you're reading this, then consider yourself tagged and get busy sharing some of your "Randomness" with the rest of us, please! God bless...

Until another time... Pearl

9 comments:

ksarra said...

Pearl, I am sooo enjoying your beautiful postcards and art. Also, your random things list is so amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Maree said...

I'd say you have topped all 7 random things list to date! Who would think to list them in such an artistic way!!

Really?? Peanut butter and mustard??....I'm tempted to try it....then again..;-0

Love the way you ended it!! Perfect!

Blessings!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Pearl,
I was wondering how you are doing as I hadn't seen any new posts and was thinking about you. LOVE the Christ postcards. I haven't seen any of those before and appreciate you sharing them:) Love hearing more about you:)
Can't say much about your craving...well, maybe, YUK ..
Take care dear friend.
Christmas JOY to You.
Love,
Deb

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Good Morning, Pearl! Great post...gave lots more insight into you! The story of Otto was just precious! How sweet of your dad. And I would have never taken you for a "CIS gal!" LOL! Very interesting!

Oh, and peanut butter and mustard...oh my! LOL! I can just imagine you washing that down with you beloved grape kool-aid! "smiles" I was too sick with both of mine to have cravings...kind of miss that! LOL!

Hugs, Rhonda :)

luvmy4sons said...

Okay. Peanut butter and mustard takes the cake! LOL!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hi Pearl…it’s been a long time since I came a visiting and I’m glad to see that you are still so busy bringing restoring memories with so much nostalgia.
I hope your Christmas season is Merry and full of love!
~Hugs~
Barb

Rose of Sharon said...

Hey Pearl, it was fun to get to know you a little better! I love your sweet story about your Daddy and your little fish! What a great Dad! Your peanut butter and mustard cravings are the weirdest I think I have heard of! That's too funny! It's hard for me to invision you holding a riffle! What a cool thing that you marched....I bet you were awesome!

As usual, I love all your vintage pictures.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Sharon

ksarra said...

Just stopping by to say hello and to wish you a great week!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I should have known you were a baton twirler and parade hopper. Peanut butter & mustard... now that's a surprise. I hope you're doing well, Pearl. Getting ready for the holiday?
Miss ya sweets!
xoxo~Tracie