Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Running Late for Charm School...

I'm late... again... as usual... Liz, from Rose Vignettes, hosted a Saturday Charm School and I was late for class.. actually, it was a lovely Show-n-Tell of beloved Charm Bracelets! Such a wonderful idea... please visit Liz for a list of the ladies that attended...

My charm bracelet is very dear to me. It was a gift from my Parents on my 9th Birthday. There was only one charm on it... the horse... and I was in love! Over the years my sweet Mom added to this bracelet for me. Every now and then I'd get a charm from a friend, but most of them were found by Mom. When I stopped adding to my bracelet, I'd collected a total of 23 teeny tiny reminders of fun and important times in my life. Please join me on this sentimental journey and remember to click on the photos to see things in more detail...


The Beer Stein is from a trip with my Parents to Williamsburg, VA... the lid opens and closes and there is a head of foam on the top. The musical note represents my time in Church, where I'd often play my guitar and sing on Sunday mornings. I have a pennant from the school my sister attended in Illinois.

It wouldn't be a charm bracelet without a "Sweet 16" memory. The shark's tooth is from one of the countless trips to the Beach with my family. I graduated High School in 1976 and was very much into the "Peace" movement. Being born in May, my "sign" is Taurus the Bull and this is one of a few charms representing that.

The Las Vegas charm is from a trip my Parents went on. They always brought a treasure home to us kids when they took trips without us. The Josiah Chowning Tavern Sign charm is also from Williamsburg, VA. It was a favorite dining spot of ours. This is also the last charm added to my bracelet. I was 20 years old at the time. The sweet lil white lamb was an Easter gift. The tarnished heart has my name on the front and my birthdate on the back.

The paint set represents my love and passion for art. The delicate Victorian Lady is next to another Taurus the Bull charm.

The May basket charm with the teeny tiny flowers is probably my most favorite of all... I was born on the 1st of May and each year, as a child, my Mom and I would make "May Baskets" and fill them with candies and flowers, then sneak over to friends' homes, hang them on the front door, ring the bell and run like mad to hide! God blessed me, greatly, with a Mom that loved me and showed me how to love others. I have endless fond memories of her and miss her, terribly. Hmmm... somehow I think there is no need to comment on the teenage telephone charm! The Church Confirmation charm was also from my parents and is engraved on the back with the date and their names.

I hope you have enjoyed my Charm Bracelet as much as I have treasured it over the years. I'd love to see yours! God bless...

Until another time... Pearl

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Pearl, I did enjoy your trip down memory lane. I'm happy you have something to guide you back to treasured moments. Deb

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Pearl,
Your charm bracelet is so nice and what great memeories :) Also like your treasures. The pitchers are sweet. I need to visit the local thrift store this week. I missed their big Labor day sale..but maybe now they will have their Halloween stuff out?!
Warmly, Deb :)

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Pearl, What a wonderful treasure to still have this beautiful treasures that represents so many milestones, special occasions and people in your life! I didn't know you sang and played the guitar! You are just one creative gal! :) And that little lamb is just precious!

Hugs, Rhonda

My Petite Maison said...

I love this post. What a treasure you have there. It's so neat you explained the different charms. Now I understand why May Day is so close to your heart. Do you keep your charm bracelet out all the time so you can enjoy it even when you're not wearing it?
xoxo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Pearl,

I loved your post! Your bracelet is priceless! It's so full of memories and value! I wish I had something from my early childhood days...

xoxoxo
Donna