Friday, July 18, 2008

Wonderland...

I doubt that there's anyone reading this that hasn't at least heard of the totally enchanting classic children's book written by Lewis Carroll... Through the Looking Glass (1865). The amazing dream that Alice had, taking her on the most incredible trip through Wonderland, has always been at the top of my favorites list.

I loved listening to my Mom read Alice's adventures to me as I leaned against her so I could see the pictures. The original Artist of Alice In Wonderland was Sir John Tenniel. The seemingly flawless wood-engraving prints of the illustrations were done by an Artist named Dalziel.

Though I have high regard and respect for Disney, I still have the greatest fondness for original art. Alice in Wonderland and Winnie the Pooh are tops! To me, nothing is better than the first art ever created for those stories! I hope you'll enjoy some of these pictures from Alice's adventures as much as I do...


And please check back for the announcement of my first Give~Away!

Hmmmm... and a Party, too!


Ok, that covers it, I think!


God bless...


Until another time... Pearl

1 comment:

luvmy4sons said...

Pearl...bee on the road. Using other's computers...glad you left a comment so I could link over to your blog...Thanks for the invite. Not sure what I can do from down here in Texas but will be sure to do it when I get back. That is why I haven't been around your blog as much.